4045 Furnace Road, Mt. Wolf, PA 17347
Erected in 1765 it was once owned by James Smith of York, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Cannon balls were cast in the original furnace during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.
In 1837 iron was floated downstream to Philadelphia and Baltimore to service early manufacturing. The furnace ceased operations in 1850.